Sunday, February 6, 2011

My... Quiet Experience

     Neil Postman makes many argument that society loses meaning when ideas are conveyed through images. The meaning is lost and is not able to be expressed. I found this statement to be very true. As I went through my day, i found it to be very irritating that i could not get my point across to my piers. I found asking questions in class to be a waste of effort and that trying to communicate was hopeless. All of this was bad enough, but my lunch period was the worst. A typical lunch would include eating, socializing, and enjoying one's self. My lunch was terrible. I found myself sitting at  my table and simply eating and listening. I could not draw anything that could be deciphered, or even be relevant to the conversations. This is why I simply listened to what others had to say. Neil Postman makes a very valid argument that todays society relies on technology and images. These images to not do a effective job at getting our points across.

No comments:

Post a Comment